Tuesday, January 02, 2007

59th street bridge song

thanks to pangga, i had to google my way just to investigate what made my last post so 59th-street-bridge-song-like as i had had no idea how that song went. so for the benefit of the curious, voici les paroles (as i download the friggin' song from limewire):

59th Street Bridge Song
Simon and Garfunkel

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.
Hello lamppost,
What cha knowing?
I've come to watch your flowers growing.
Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?
Doot-in' doo-doo,
Feelin' groovy.

Got no deeds to do,
No promises to keep.
I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.
Let the morning time drop all its petals on me.
Life, I love you,
All is groovy.

so with that settled, i have to agree that the post does resonate 59th street. although this guy seems to have had more than just a pleasant stroll down a bridge... (oh dragons and poppy fields and what-have-you, i love you!) cheers, v! see ya... next week? :)

2 Comments:

At January 02, 2007 11:49 AM, Blogger vera said...

hanivani that's the video i'm playing in my blog :p

sure next week, i'm just a text away :)

 
At January 05, 2007 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happiness after all is a matter of being alive and relishing the present moment without a future to look forward to or a past to forgive. I've always loved this song for its zen-like playfulness. It's also uncharacteristic Simon and Garfunkel who tend to get all weighty and serious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home